Skip to main content



The University Place School District is hiring substitute teachers, paraeducators, bus drivers, food service workers, custodians, and secretarial/clerical substitutes. 

Substitute Teacher
To become a substitute teacher you must hold a current Washington State teaching certificate. 

Emergency Substitute Teacher
If you do not hold a current Washington State teaching certificate, but have a bachelor's degree you can apply to become an emergency substitute teacher. 

Substitute Paraeducator
Substitute paraeducators can work in positions such as special education paraeducator, instructional (in classroom) paraeducator, playground supervision, lunchroom supervision, and more. 

To apply for a substitute position, complete your applicant profile under the "Employment" tab, and click the green apply button next to the position you are interested in.  


Substitute Handbook