Skip to main content

Workers Compensation

Workers Compensation

All employees with an accident/incident must fill out the paper accident/incident report form (located below).

Accidents and injuries that occur at work, during your work hours, must be reported immediately to your direct supervisor,  your school building administrator (if applicable, and different from your direct supervisor), and Puget Sound Workers' Compensation Trust.  Puget Sound Workers’ Compensation Trust is the third-party administrator who manages the district’s employee accident reports and work injury claims.

    Puget Sound Workers' Compensation Trust is here to help.

  • Report the incident to your supervisor and call the Nurse Triage Helpline at 833-WCT-NURS (833-928-6877)
  • In the event of a life threatening injury, call 911.
  • If you indicated that you have sought or intend to seek medical care, a claim for workers' compensation benefits will be established for you.You will hear from PSWCT within 3 business days.

    If you have questions, contact:
        Puget Sound Worker's Compensation Trust
        800 Oakesdale Ave SW
        Renton, WA  98057

Whether you choose to seek medical treatment for an injury or not, you are required to call the Nurse Triage Line at 833-928-6877 to submit an accident report (please note: the paper accident/incident report is also required and is located below).

If you are unable to work due to your work injury, or need accommodations, also contact Sydney Coyner - or 253-566-5612 ext 3323 - immediately to discuss your status and next steps.  If you are not able to work, you are required to complete a Time Loss Election Form, which must be filled out and sent to Sydney Coyner.  If you have questions about your options, please contact Sydney Coyner-

NOTE: You may choose your own doctor/medical provider for your first treatment visit. However, ongoing treatment of your injury must be from a State approved Occupational Medical Provider.  Please contact Puget Sound Worker's Compensation Trust.

If you have general questions regarding workers' compensation benefits, please read A Guide to Workers' Compensation and Benefits. For specific claim questions after filing, please contact your claims adjustor with Puget Sound Workers' Compensation Trust at 253-778-7667.